Thanks to the intervention of technology in hair care, we no longer have to depend on a salon for hair straightening. Modern-day hair straighteners save us a trip to the salon if we do not have the time. These hair straighteners are user-friendly and can be used to obtain smooth and straight hair in no time. However, if you have never used one, trying to pick a product may seem like a daunting task. The market is flooded with tons of hair care tools and products; you are spoilt for choice.
To help beginners, we have put together a list of some of the best hair straighteners in India and why you should buy the product(s).
While there is no doubt that straighteners give you smooth and silky tresses, using a straightener daily may be damaging for your hair. Since the process involves heat, your hair becomes coarse and dry. Dry hair has a higher chance of developing split ends and breakage. Therefore, keep in mind to not use a hair straightener too often.
As a beginner, you may have many questions regarding buying a hair straightener. Which is the correct size for my hair length? Can I use it if my hair is already straight? What are the downsides of buying a cheap straightener? And so on… Discussed below are the various factors to consider before purchasing a hair straightener.
Factors to look for best hair straighteners in India
The width of the plates matter. If you have thick hair, it is better to go for a straightener with wide plates. Narrow plates are time-consuming for people who have volume. However, a straightener with wide plates may not fit into your bag easily. Thus, they are not good for travel. Also, women with thin hair may feel that wide plates generate too much heat. For short hair, straighteners with 1” plates are recommended. Those with shoulder-length hair can go for plates measuring up to 1.5” while 2” – 2.5” plates are preferred by women with long and thick hair.
2. Temperature control
It is highly recommended to look for straighteners that allow the user to adjust the temperature. For instance, if you do not have time to moisturize your hair, you may want to decrease the heat. If the temperature is fixed, you cannot use it in all situations. Products that have high heat settings may get the job done quickly but end up damaging parts of your hair. Thus, being able to control the temperature on your straightener is important.
Hair straighteners come in a variety of materials. You should choose the material based on the texture of your hair. For instance, a titanium straightener is not for those with thin hair. It would produce high heat that may damage fine hair. Thus, thin-haired people prefer ceramic straighteners. Those with thick, frizzy, and coarse hair may choose a titanium straightener. Titanium straighteners tend to be more expensive.
The problem with ceramic straighteners is that they only have a ceramic coating. With time, the coating may peel off leading to uneven distribution of heat. But because of their moderate heating, they are suitable for all hair types.
If you have damaged hair, go for a straightener with tourmaline plates.
Imagine having to set your preferred settings every time you use your straightener. Looks like a time-consuming process, right? No one enjoys doing repetitive tasks. Buy a straightener that has digital memory. Once you save your settings, the same settings remain for every subsequent use.
Do not fall for cheap hair straighteners. It may look like you are saving a lot of money, but that is just temporary. You may end up with damaged hair. You will then need to spend more on treating your hair. Choose the one that has a good quality so that you can protect your tresses from excess heat.
You are now equipped with the knowledge of what factors affect your straightening experience. Next, you set out on your quest for the best hair straighteners in India. Here are our top picks.
This is one of the best hair straighteners in India. It is user-friendly and causes less damage to your hair. We shall check out some cool features of this straightener from Phillips.
- It is specially designed for Indian hair types
- The ceramic plates are infused with keratin. These plates are super smooth and glide through your hair. There is hardly any friction. Thus, your beautiful tresses are safe from unnecessary heat.
- The product heats up instantly. It is ready to use within 60 seconds.
- The straightener has wide plates that are particularly helpful in styling thick hair. You can grab more hair in one go and style your hair quickly.
- It operates at 210°C. This is the optimal temperature for hair styling. You can expect salon-style hair at the comfort of your home.
- The cord is 1.8 m long. The length provides flexibility wherever you use it.
- The straightener has ionic conditioning. This means that negative ions are produced to get rid of frizzy hair. The shine on your hair is intensified. It looks glossier and smoother.
- You do not have to worry about tangled wires as the product is equipped with swivel cord technology.
This is one of the most loved hair straighteners. It is the best hair straighteners in India, in more ways than one. To start, it is available in vibrant red color. Apart from its great outer, it has got some amazing features. Let us check them out.
- The wide plates make it best suited for people with long, thick, or coarse hair
- The straightener heats up in 60 seconds. It is ready for use in no time.
- The power cord is 1.8m long. It is flexible and allows the user to move around while using the straightener.
- It is suitable for travel too. It has a plate locking system so that you have flexibility while storing it
- The users can choose from 5 different temperature settings. The range is 150°C to 230°C.
- It is energy efficient. The straightener automatically switches off after an hour of use. This is to prevent any accident and to save energy.
- The plates are coated with ceramic. They are about 40*100 mm wide. The floating plates are designed such that they adjust to each hair strand. The width allows more hair to be styled at once.
- The straightener works smoothly and prevents hair breakage
This straightener from Phillips is user-friendly and easy to maintain. It minimizes heat damage as much as possible to keep to tresses smooth and healthy. Let us check out some jaw-dropping features of the Phillips essential selfie straightener.
- One of the striking features of this straightener is, it is compatible with various voltages across regions. It supports a range of voltages, from 110 – 240V. You can safely use it anywhere in the world
- The product instantly heats up within 60 seconds. It is ready for use as soon as you turn it on
- The power cord is 1.6m long. In addition to being flexible, it is heat safe too.
- The cord rotates due to the swivel cord technology, preventing it from getting tangled up
- The straightener operates at a temperature of 210°C. This is the optimal temperature to get a salon-style look
- The plates are infused with ceramic. This helps in smooth gliding. The plates do not cause unnecessary friction in your hair. Thus, there is less exposure to heat. Your hair looks smooth and silky.
You can now obtain a new look every day without spending your time or money at the salon! Vega’s 3-in-1 hair styler has a straightener, curler as well as a crimper. What are the benefits of having one machine for your various styling needs? Let us check out
- You can obtain silky smooth straight hair with this straightener. The ceramic coated plates do a good job
- The ceramic coat on the plates also makes sure that heat is evenly distributed everywhere.
- The plates are 105*30mm wide
- The plates protect the hair from damage
- You can change the styling by pressing the style switch. The same switch can also be used to lock a particular style
- The swivel cord conveniently rotates 360°. There is no chance of the cord getting tangled
This compact but efficient hair straightener from Syska is one of the best hair straighteners in India. Let us explore the various features of this straightener, that make it one of the best.
- The straightener is equipped with a rapid heating system. Thus, it gets heated up within a minute of being turned on. You can quickly get to straightening your hair as it gets heated up soon.
- It also has an auto-off feature which makes sure that the straightener automatically switches off after a period of use. This serves 2 purposes – (a) to make sure that you do not accidentally damage your hair (b) to prevent a short circuit if you forget to switch it off
- The ceramic coating on the plates makes it easy for them to glide smoothly through your hair
- The product comes with a two-year warranty period
- The straightener has a PTC heater. This implements a heat balance technology. The plates heat up uniformly to provide the user with smooth silky hair
- The straightener has a sleek and glossy finish. The body looks stylish. The design makes it safe to use
- The high-temperature ceramic coated plate ensures that the straightener cools down quickly. This makes it easy to maintain
- It has a small push button with which you can lock the handle. Thus, it is easy and safe to carry it around. You can use this straightener while traveling too.
- The swivel cord allows it to be rotated 360°. The cord will not get tangled
Many of us do not prefer blow-drying as it sometimes absorbs the moisture from our hair strands. You now have a pocket-friendly solution to this! Get salon-like sleek hair with Nova temperature control professional hair straightener.
- The ceramic plates handle each strand of your hair well. They do not stick to your hair. Nor do they create friction
- The device is digitally controlled. When the desired temperature is reached, the device automatically switches off
- The lengthy swivel cord provides enough room to move around. It ensures flexibility
- The user can switch between four temperatures
- It instantly heats up in 30 seconds. You can start using it almost as soon as you plug it in
We have seen some of the best hair straighteners in India. Before making your first purchase, consider whether the straightener allows temperature adjustment. Also, choose the plate width and material to suit your hair type. Invest in a product of high quality. If it comes with a warranty period, it is an added advantage, as you do not want to be dealing with a damaged or burnt straightener.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Will a hair straightener help in getting rid of lice on your head?
Since heat is generated, it does kill some of the lice. However, you cannot depend on a straightener to eliminate the lice on your head/
2. Is hair straightener permanent?
To permanently straighten your hair, it needs to undergo chemical treatments. Thus, using a hair straightener will not give you permanent effects. The styling stays for a few hours at best.
3. Can a straightener be used on wet hair?
No. You should never use a hair straightener when your hair is wet. The heat from the straightener will turn the water in your hair into gas. When the gas expands, it leads to your hair getting damaged. There is also the risk of an electric shock while using an electric straightener on wet hair.